8-25 14:19
I was stupid to ever think I would not get homesick. I'm not sure why but today I'm feeling it. I just really miss y'all's voices. I hope you are getting my letters. I'm super excited to get mail back. Tomorrow marks 13 weeks left. Doesn't seem too bad. Three months and one week until I fully graduated. 9 weeks till basic graduation. About two weeks until I can hopefully get my phone to call.
The weirdest thing about this place is how controlled everything he has. Shower drills, how to mount bunks at the same time. Our drill sergeants also give us impossible time limits. Five minutes to get 125 people through an 8 stall bathroom then when we don't make it, they get mad. I know it's part of the game but it's annoying. Something that bothers me is how the drill sergeants are full on bullies sometimes. I understand that they make fun to motivate but they pick on this kid PVT Garza. PVT Garza that is like 5 foot and really nice. The drill sergeants excessively pick on him trying to make him quit. They don't give him an equal opportunity for him to graduate. Maybe I'm soft but it bums me out. Every time I'm away it confirms that I'm a homebody. The drill sergeants would call me a wimp for that but, it's me.
We went on a mock road march this morning. Only 2 miles with 35 pounds. Kids were dropping out like crazy. Of course I didn't drop out. Got to embrace the suck. I am sitting in a sexual harassment course right now. Interesting class.
One thing that's good is that we are the worst platoon. First platoon is so bad they get smoked like 30 times a day. About 80% of them have got in documented trouble. One kid is getting kicked out. DS of the platoon is trying to get rid of the entire group. There's an anonymous inbox on the drill sergeants doors that you can bring up concerns. I really want to listen people who consistently are screwing us. I don't want to snitch but at the same time I don't owe them anything and they refuse to work with the team.
As I write my letters I almost expect responses to pop up on my paper. I do really miss y'all. I kind of need some words of encouragement. I keep having to remind myself that perks of doing this. Good insurance, better resume, physical and mental growth, that bonus I get, free college. This place still sucks though. I hope things start getting better as people get their stuff together.
I hope all these weeks go by so fast as this first week dead. I keep telling myself that this Friday will be 13 weeks left and next Friday will be 12 weeks and so on. It helps during the day to break it up by meals. I think I've lost some weight. I know I'm stronger. I hope I do well on the APF tea next week.
Has my pay come through? If not yet it may come in on the 1st.
8-25 21:01
Just another day down. Another day closer to home. Still just as tired of the other recruits BS. We've been here a week and people still can't even march in step. Can't stand still in formation or move with a purpose and all of these basic things that make the DS unhappy. Red phase is only two more weeks, people have to have their crap together by then. We are supposed to know a new creed by tomorrow morning but like only half of the platoon knows it so we are going to get smoked either way.
I am the Infantry
I am my countries strength at war
Her deterrent in peace
I am the heart of the fight
Wherever, whenever
I carry America's faith and honor against her enemies
I am the queen of battle
I am with my country expects me to be
The best train soldier in the world.
In the race for victory
I am Swift, determined, and courageous.
Armed with a fierce a will to win
Never will I betray my countries trust
Always will I fight on
Through the foe
To the objective
To triumph over all
If necessary I will fight to my death
By my stead fast courage I have won over 200 years of freedom
Are you not to weakness
To hunger
To cowardice
To fatigue
To superior odds
For I am mentally tough, physically strong and morally straight.
I forsake not my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty
I am relentless
I am always there
Now and forever
I am the Infantry
Follow me!
Definitely a cool creed.
I don't like my main DS all that much. He is just a total jerk but my other DS is a jerk but also is cool at times. We never see our senior DS because he is also the company STS. Each day we start getting a little more freedom. During white phase, the drill sergeants will let us do more things alone. Tonight we are going to actually get some sleep which will be nice. Going to need it with the smoking session because people won't know that creed.
Food here is honestly a little subpar. They serve fish a lot and every time they have fish I get it and I'm sitting there dry heaving as I'm eating. One kid threw up on his tray and they made him eat around the puke. If that happened to me, I would've flat out said no! That's like inhumane.
Only 3 ways I'll leave this place:
1. I die
2. get a medical discharge
3. graduate.
Preferably the last.
Love and miss y'all Mucho
-Zac
No comments:
Post a Comment