Thursday, December 20, 2007

Part 2 of our NC trip

Well, I am back from NC since Tuesday evening. Just like coming home from being out of town for any period of time, it is major work to get caught up on everything. But, today I did mail out my Christmas cards. The next important thing I need to get done is to take Toni Christmas shopping for her brothers. I decided to post part 2 of our NC trip before it got to be to far away.
So, after having dinner with Paula's family on Saturday night, we got to go see Nate Clark and his little family on Sunday afternoon. Nate is a very good friend of mine who I went through high school with. He has been married to his wife Stephanie for (I think) 5 years. They have a cute 25 month old little boy named Owen. It was so good to see Nate, it has been around 14 years since I have last seen him. He hasn't changed a bit and he still lives in Woodcroft. I loved his wife and little boy. They are a great little family. Nate & Stephanie took us to lunch at a BBQ place. Original pulled pork bbq, with hushpuppies and fried okra...YUM. I swear I gained 5 lbs. just over the weekend with all the yummy food. After meeting with Nate's family we started to head toward Va. but on the way I had Dan stop by this familiar building...any guesses? For those of you who don't know what this is, it is our old Chapel in Chapel Hill. I think it said it was now an Institute Building.
Then we went for an almost 3 hour drive to a little town called Dublin, Va. We had dinner at the Waffle House and called it a night. Dan had his business meetings with the SIP manufacturer all day Monday. He woke up on Monday with a raging eye infection. So, I spent 3 hours in Wal-Mart getting a Rx for his eye. Funny, no matter how little the town, you can almost always find a Wal-mart.
That night we went to Radford for dinner. We had the WORST Mexican food ever. But there are a lot of Mexicans in the south now.
I had Dan take this picture of us before we went to dinner. We are getting old and fat. Time for Power 90...Tony Horton will be my new best friend again.

Tuesday morning came very fast. We had another 3 hour drive back to RDU. Dan lost his 2 month old Blackberry before we left. When we got back Mom was tired. The kids had lots of fun with her and the rest of the family this weekend. Thanks again Mom & Dad. I really appreciated it. (I called Dad to thank him for letting me borrow mom this weekend and he said "that's ok Kristy". I said "Dad, I said "Thank you" not "I am sorry"". He said "your welcome I guess" What a funny Dad.) And a big thank you to Dan who thought to take me along. I had a blast!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

thanks for coming to visit us in Durham, it was great seeing you and meeting Dan.

Ciria said...

What a fun time (other than the eye infection). Thanks for the picture of the old building- what memories.

Anonymous said...

great times in NC. Happy Anniversary!

Keary said...

Always think you are a southern girl whoever thought I would be afflicted with the south for the rest of my life. I'd have never moved there.
Love Dad

Diana said...

It was worth my getting tired! Happy Anniversary! It was fun and grateful that Andrew and Shawnie helped out too!! What a great family we have!!!

alex said...

i didn't know los hermanos was in virginia too. i've been missing n.c.'s pulled pork