Monday, December 31, 2007

New Years Eve


As Zac is downstairs partying with his friends, I am hiding in the office hoping to escape some of the noise and commotion of 12 year old boys. I can't believe that we are in our last hours of 2007. I also can't believe how time flies as you get older, it seemed when I was a kid time took forever to pass. Anyway, this is my list of the top 10 events (good & bad) for our family in 2007:

10. Moving back to Washington / Moving out of Utah either way you look at it, it is a good thing.

9. Rush Concert (Dan & Zac)

8. Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. Harry is alive, Snape is good and Dumbledor...well, 2 out of 3 isn't bad.

7. Fudge the Guinea pig :(

6. Completing a 7 mile run (then I stopped running completely and gained 15 lbs.)

5. Our "Sister's weekend" in St. George

4. Christmas 2007

3. Seeing Zac become a Deacon

2. Our Cape Disappointment trip

1. Celebrating our 15 year anniversary

What I am looking forward to next year: Buying Lyn Spears book on parenting so I can do exactly opposite to raise healthy and successful children. LOL!
Happy 2008!

5 comments:

Keary said...

That's a great list! I hope you do as well on your resolutions! One of them is to syart running again.
Love Dad

alex said...

that gerbil story was so funny. one time we had a fire in a garage where the gerbils where. they were dying by the time it was out, so we gave them oxygen. and only 2/3 ended up dying.

Ciria said...

I don't like your number 10- we enjoyed having you all here and now that you are gone wish we had taken advantage of you being here more.

Anonymous said...

love your list! I agree, as a grown-up time passes by too fast. have a great 2008!!

Diana said...

Agree with you time flies, glad you came back!