Thursday, May 11, 2006

My Dedication To Mother's

I can't believe it is May already. I am trying to figure out what took up all my time over the last couple of weeks that I didn't have time to read any blogs much less update mine.

Lets see, I painted my kitchen what was supposed to be a creamy yellow that turned out instead to be a bright lemon yellow so I repainted it "Roxbury Caramel". It turned out much better. I also painted a hallway and helped Zac get his Webelos badge. Toni has had several more horseback riding lessons, Zeke started soccer and had a field trip to the firestation. I finally got the contractor to come back out and move the rock that he put in the wrong place almost 2 years ago, which I dug out all by myself, I moved a tree and planted a new tree. I also planted my hanging baskets, annuals and perennials through out my yard (which one of my dogs decided to dig up and rip to shreds 4 of the 6 Gerbera Daisy's that I had planted). Toni had a music program last week and her birthday is coming up in a couple of weeks. She is turning 8 which means I am preparing to have a baptism the first saturday in June, and I have to teach relief society in 2 weeks. Zac and Toni both have field trips I am commited to going to next week and Zac is doing a science project ( which means I am doing a science project) that is due on the 16th. On top of all the normal things like laundry, grocery shopping, balancing the checkbook, changing pee'd beds, cooking, vacuuming, dishes and etc., my father-in-law has been in town for almost 2 weeks, and I managed to fit in cleaning, reorganizing and unpacking the office which included moving my 2 heavy wood filing cabinets all by myself up from down stairs and I am trying to find the time to squeeze in watching the season finally of my only me time shows, Grey's Anatomy and Lost! (Anybody else watch either of those?)

Whew! I am not complaining...this is just my life and I would not trade it for the world.

While I was reorganizing my office I came across pictures of my kids when they were younger. Some of these pictures were of when Toni was a baby and later when she was in ballet, Zac was playing t-ball and soccer and Zeke was a chubby, red headed baby that was (and still is) a fireball. Tears came to my eyes when I looked back at my babies because they are all growing up so fast. I realized that I have always been the luckiest wife and mom ever to have had a husband that has always provided a way for me to have been there for all those memories that have been made, lessons that were taught, sleepless nights, rushed trips to the bathrooms, soccer games, swim lessons, emergency room visits, kissing boo-boos of the knees and hearts of all three of my children.

I would scrub toilets, pick up toys over and over again and do all those things that I dread doing forever, just to have the opportunity to be a mom for my kids, just to be able to continue to see their faces looking back at me in the rear view mirror as we go to the many activities they have. It is what makes my life worth living. I am honored to answer to the name of "Mom".

A special Thank you to my mom who showed me so much love, who sacrificed so much to always be there for me, who is a huge part of my own memories as a child and has always been an amazing example of how a mother should be. You are my hero. A huge thank you to my husband and kids for being so forgiving of me and loving of me "in spite of". Thank you to my Father in Heaven for blessing me with my 3 beautiful children. I look forward to the continued time I have with my kids, because I know before too long when I look in my rear view mirror, they will have grown up.

Happy Mother's Day to all of you who have had and who will have these same experiences.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

What an awesome post! It is good to hear other's perspectives on motherhood. It seems to be getting harder and harder everyday! But your comments give me hope (that I will get used to it). BTW what a good looking bunch. Tell Zachary that I think that hair suits him well!

alex said...

It's interesting that you were changing pee'd beds while your father in law was in town. You might have him stay at a retirment home next time where they are used to changing those types of sheets. Also I hear depends help out greatly. I always lay out a fresh pair when mom come's to visit.

Keary said...

Toni has a great cowboy hat on.

Keary said...

Kristy, it is amazing how much every mother does and suffers for their fsmilies. There is no better example than your own mother and do you realize why? I could say it is because of the “tomatoe seeds”, or I could say “it is because of the groundation”, or I could say… but to tell the truth, it is because your mother wanted to be a better mother than her mother was. Not that your grandmother was bad in many ways, but that your mother believes that no one should live a life without becoming better than their mother/father. Big task where your mother is concerned, but you can do it as you are already showing. Love Dad

Keary said...

Kristy, I know that you are extremely busy but I would dearly love to hear more of your stories of your life.
Love Dad