
Today is Tuesday which in our family means horseback riding day. She is our little cowgirl complete with boots and all. (which is fine with me because the longer she is interested in horses the longer boys are not in the radar...plus she smells like a horse when she is done with the lessons and I do think that will keep most boys away) Every tuesday, since October, Toni gets to take a one hour lesson which she looks forward to every week. She has learned so much! She now knows how to clean out thier hooves, brush, bridle and almost sadle a horse. She is a natural. Toni has accomplished the rising trot, trotting and she has even been able to canter a couple of times! The other day, I even put a bridle on! That is saying alot for this city girl! I felt good about this for days!
(dosen't she look great?!)Toni would really like to get a horse with the money she has been saving for the last 7 years of her little life, but we have nowhere to put one. Zeke suggested that we get a crate like we have for our dogs and it could sleep in our garage. I love how little kids minds work! We want to give her one but just can't for obvious reasons, which, as most parents do, makes us feel bad because she love it so much. So, Dan thought she should be able to get a dog. That would mean 3 dogs at our house. This didn't sound like a very good idea to me, so we decided instead that Toni would be able to adopt my dog, Sam. Believe it or not she agreed to this idea and now Sam is offically her dog. He even sleeps in her room. Dan took Toni on a special date Saturday night. They went to dinner (she got to pick and she choose Olive Garden) and then they took Sam to Petsmart (is it Pets Mart or Pet Smart? This is Zachary's favorite question) where she bought him a new collar and some toys, and treats with her own money. She came home beaming from ear to ear! Hopefully, this will keep the horse in the garage idea at bay for a little while and the keep the money from burning a hole in her pocket.
3 comments:
Zoe is really excited to see cousin toni on the horse. What an awesome experience for her.
I'm too scared of horses. If it's bigger than me that means I keep a 20 ft radius at all times around big animals.
Diana and I went to watch Toni a long time ago and she was very good then. I can’t imagine all the things she will have learned in the interim. I think the horae in the crate would be a great idea, one you should really give a second thought on!
I can’t imagine why you have all the security on you comments area! I always have to try two or three times before I get the letters corect. So far today it has been at least seven times.
Post a Comment