Friday, September 02, 2016

Zac Reception Letter 8-14 through 8-15-2016

8-14       18:56

Slept and cleaned today. Even the two 30 minute naps today made a world of difference.

People are getting more and more acclimated to each other. Others just refuse to be anything other than weenie hut juniors. I've made a couple friends. One is Tim. Prior service Marine, cool guy. The bunk next to me is a cool kid, super nerdy, but super cool. I don't remember a lot of names but I'm cool with a lot of people.

Some kid from our bay was in formation today and was supposed to have passed out. I saw when people were treating him for heat exhaustion. As much as no one really like the kid it still sucks for him. If I remember correctly he is 18 X (special forces candidate). Even if he is just 11B, he is in the wrong MOS if he is passing out in reception. He probably wasn't drinking enough water. Personally I have never been so hydrated.

It's funny because as I was cleaning for inspection today, I remembered so much of dad's cleaning skills. Like when he has us take a broom and sweep out the corners, or when needing to get gunk out of crevices I was the only person to think about using the flat skinny end of my nail clippers. People were just trying to shove their nubby fingers in that centimeter wide crack.

8-15   20:21

Today was pretty decent, almost finished processing. I guess it'll be done tomorrow. I found out from vision that Army should cover lens replacement procedure for my eyes.

This phase is really testing my patience. I want to fight so many people. They just don't follow orders. Today we got dropped while marching to chow because some losers were talking. The concrete was easily 130°+ and we did like four sets and people kept talking. My palms ended up burning and blistering. Oh well, only going to make me stronger.

There is one kid here who coined his own nickname to be "hammerhead". He is literally the opposite of what infantry soldier is. He is just a meathead who bullies people and ignores people when anyone tries to take charge. I don't think he understands that we aren't supposed to be individuals, we are a team. But that's how it is right now.

I have my friends but for the most part I just keep quiet, work out, study or write y'all or Toni. I miss y'all, my guitars and especially puppy kisses.

When I get an address, please send pics of y'all, Zeke as a cadet and the puppies.

Much love,

Zac

PS I don't mind getting smoked. It's a work out closer to the 300 PT score I will get.


No comments: