Monday, September 12, 2016

Toni Basic Training Letter August 28, 2016


*Toni sent a partially finished letter dated back on Aug 2nd - It ends abruptly.

Tuesday Aug 2nd

Yesterday was rough, we did it PRT inside because it was storming outside. We walked to chow in our PT's in the pouring rain and everyone was in a bad mood because the rain is freezing cold here! The drill sergeants were pissed because no one was sounding off so they made us do PRT after chow and I had to work out in a huge puddle! I was soaking wet. Everyone was really stressed yesterday. Mondays suck.  New day! Tuesday has been good, oh yeah the drill sergeant made the girls "talk out our differences" because there has been a lot of drama. I don't like the female drama but it's getting better. Today is our second day of First Aid! The hardest part of first aid is not falling asleep. Today I fell asleep at least five times taking notes and watching demonstrations, LOL. Kids are sleeping standing up and you physically CANNOT stay awake! Yesterday we learned about tourniquets and we practiced caring and dragging our battle buddies and my BB made me laugh so hard I could barely drag her.  Her name is Judy from California. She is so pretty and so funny. People use a lot of hand sanitizer here. You have to put it under your eyes to stay awake and it doesn't feel good. Today we are learning about gauze and bandages and stuff. It is so hot outside like 95
° and up + humidity and the OCP's don't make it any better. We have one more day of first aid and then we are doing the physical endurance obstacle course and then Friday we do the confidence tower! 

First platoon moved in formation so they had to stand at attention out..... 

**I told you it ends abruptly, LOL!!

Aug 28

Dear Mom, 

I heard the first 15 seconds of Footloose on transit yesterday and it totally made my day! Maybe it's your ringtone going off?! Mom… You are such a dork LOL you sent me blue and orange shorts socks that say "I'm awesome"! All we wear here is tall white Hanes socks and a green socks under our boots, LOL.   I love them anyway and so did my friends! I showed everyone the pictures of us and they were like OMG is that your sister? Someone told me that I look like the mom… Everyone loves Prows's mom, she's the cutest and the sweetest!  

I can't believe you lost 10 lbs!! That's so good mom! You're awesome. You motivate me every day. There are women here are your age and weight who look like they've only lost 10 pounds and they are at BCT not at home! Remember what drill sergeant Diaz says "F-U legs get stronger". Oh by the way, they issued all females prenatal which I've been taking every day but I don't think my hair is growing… But the baby is doing fine. Ha-ha!! 

There is a girl here who just got moved to our company from Charlie company as a hold over New Start Over (NSO).  That's basically when you have to wait for a new cycle to start and restart basic with someone else because you did something wrong. Anyway she got NSO'd for having sex with another private in the woods during FTX! (Field training exercise - it's like camping) AND GET THIS...HER NAME IS AEREOLA. NO JOKE!  LIKE THE NIPPLE!! I think it's pretty funny. There's always a herd of NSO's at the end of the cycle on crutches and stuff, some have duct tape shoes and no laces because they are on suicide watch. One kid here is on homicide watch at the crazy house because he said he was going to shoot a sergeant at the range. Pretty freaky, huh? Weirdo. But the sergeant name is M..... and she is the worst. She's not even a DS.  She's got a mullet and a super high-pitched voice and it gets better. She has a twitch where she smiles really big at random times like every 10 seconds and when she yells, she FOAMS from the mouth. Like a rabid dog, she's crazy, ha ha.

Mom, try not to snack at all, we know snacks and I'm always hungry but you get used to it. IDK why I told you that.

Oh, something cool; we got fitted for her dress blues the other day, I look like Mary Poppins/Delta flight attendant. We are so close!

This was basically Zeke being pulled over when he stole our car.
The officer thought he was 12 years old!
Sorry my letters are so all over the place. I have to start in them and stop them at random times. – I CAN'T believe that Zeke frikin' did that!  What a little TURD!  That made my stomach hurt when I read that. :(  he doesn't understand that he could've had his license banned and been arrested and even worse he could've died! WHAT THE HECK WAS HE THINKING?!  He could've crashed and killed two other people with him. The last thing I want to come home to is my little brother dead or in jail. Makes me really upset, and it's not like he is bigger and matured, he's Zeke! I don't think y'all punished him at all. If I did that y'all would end my life.  I would take his phone, no leaving house except for two hours of chores a day and cutting the grass by hand with nail clippers and maybe even no dinner ever again. I'm really upset with him. >:( 
(also, don't tell him I said this but that's really BA that he even made it that far! I know it's really bad but dang I wouldn't have the guts to ever do that even with my license as an "adult"! This just confirms my theory that he has to be possessed at times or something LOL.)
**Just for reference, Zeke and his friend stole our car one night and went joy riding.  He was stopped by the police and we had to get him.  Thankfully this was all that happened.  But HE DID get in big trouble!**

New topic, (if you can't tell I'm pretty bored) I love not having my phone, whenever I want to talk to someone I have 70 people with me 24/7 and I don't need music because we sing ALL the time.  Oh, speaking of my phone… You said the weirdest pictures! You crack me up. You send me a picture of your car, ha ha. Not to sound bratty but you got to give me something better.
My car!  I love it and so does she!
**also for reference, she asked me to send pictures off her instagram wall and my car was one on there and I figured if she posted it then she liked it.  So I sent it to her with 20+ other pictures.  After this, I printed out another picture of my Jeep and sent it to her all by it's self as a joke, LOL!**

Caleb has still not written me back! Please call him and yell at him for me. I sent him a super long letter like three weeks ago! What a brat! >:]   Aunt Linda wrote me and so did my friend Aimee at the Naval Academy! Funny how she found time to write me at the Naval Academy, when I only knew her for a month, and my best friends can't even send me a note! Bunch of butt heads. But I don't let anything bring me down ever, I think I've been upset here like twice and it didn't last very long. 

Oh so you want to know my APFT scores?  My first test I got a 205, 23 push-ups, 51 sit ups and 17:11 run (2 mile). On my second PT test which was like two days ago I got a 247.  33 push-ups, 60 sit ups and 16:11 2 mile run. I'm aiming for a 300 by my next test then I could get a PT badge. I need 42 push-ups, 7 pull-ups and a 15:35 2 mile run.  I think I can get there for sure. BUT we don't do anything in white phase, it is so stinking boring we barely get to do PT cuz we are at the range all day, which I like, but after that we sit in the classroom and listen to our National Guard Drill Sergeant drove on about dumb stuff. I hope he leaves soon.

Last night two girls almost got into a fist fight over a shower, LOL! 

I'll write more soon! :)
The picture she drew of us on the back of the envelope!

P.S. Aunt Kiki and Uncle Alex sent me the cutest pictures and letters. 

-Love Toni
SaveSave

No comments: