Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Clearing it up after all these years.

OK, so I am a little behind on memory Monday, but I will work on catching up. I chose to start with the driving memory. I felt like this would give me the opportunity to clear up a little story that has been SO misconstrued over the years. This is not my first driving experience but a very memorable one.
So it goes like this:
On my way to work one day, I was sitting at a stop light in a long line of traffic creeping along. I was playing with my keys listening to the music when I scratched my finger. Now I know that you think you know the rest of the story BUT this where all of you were misinformed! I didn't just yelp in my best sissy voice, begin nursing my poor ol' finger and completely forget what I was doing to the point where I rear ended the car in front of me. What REALLY happened was that I started investigating the steering column to find what was sharp. Not paying attention I apparently let just enough pressure off the brake and slowly rolled forward not even more than 2 miles per hour (if that) and bumped into the lady in front of me. The problem arose when I realized what was happening I was very slow at reacting and bounced off her bumper about 4 or 5 more time before I brought the car to a complete stop.
After all these years I finally got an opportunity to tell mom the real story and she laughed so hard she spit her lemonade all over me! But, I felt better despite the lemonade because I finally got to clarify what happened when I was 16! And now that you all know the real story I feel even better :)

4 comments:

Ciria said...

You are hilarious.

Keary said...

Why would you feel better? You still wrecked the car!

Diana said...

And THAT is the rest of the story!

Now just Andrew said...

i wrecked my family car when i was 14. my sister knew she would get in more troube for giving me keys than wrecking the car herself, so thats how the story went for a decade. the truth has since come out, but it's funny how as an adult, it's comical!