Thursday, May 15, 2008

What smells so good?

Ok, I am finally putting up a new blog. I think I milked out all I could get from Dan's Birthday blog. You should all be thankful that it wasn't another Mother's Day Blog that stayed up there forever!
Since Feb.7th, we have:
1. Moved yet again from Camas to (wait for it....) a 2 bedroom apartment! We are actually in the same complex as Mom and Dad. Talk about family togetherness...sheez! Just kidding, actually we are really enjoying our time of no yard work, very little housework and believe it or not, spending more time with Mom and Dad. This move happened because our land lady decided that she wanted to sell her house so she could buy another one with her "shack up honey" so we got the boot! That's ok because as usual we were getting along so delightfully with our neighbors that one of the women actually kicked Dan (I think she did this after Dan was expressing his admiration for her snotty attitude toward our kids and dogs)! We are such white trash...we belong in the apartments.
2. Dan left IES, the company he has been building for the last 3 years. He has put out several resumes and has already received an offer for a company in Tualitin, OR. We think this is where he will end up at for a little while anyway. He actually has a phone interview with an architect firm in Georgia tomorrow. We will see how that goes. We will be sending out one more resume to Irvine, CA. With any luck, maybe we will be down with the Blackburns!
3. My car broke down again...with another hefty repair bill. Gotta love those Volvo's....never again will I buy another one. You would think I would hava learned from the first 2 but nooooo.
4. Sent Eco to live Ciria as you well know from Ciria's blog. We miss him so much but are EXTREMELY thankful to both Ciria and Adam for taking him for awhile. From the sound of it, Eco is very happy with them and the girls love him too!
5. As for me, I was thinking about going back to work. The day Dan received the job offer, I was headed down to Costa Mesa for an interview with Alaska Airlines to be a flight attendant. But, when Dan got the offer, (thanks to my dedicated, hard working husband) it enabled me to go back to concentrating on being a full time mom again. So, with Zeke going into the 1st grade next year I think my new goal will be to go back to school and obtain a nursing degree. We will see.
6. Now that we live in Vancouver, we are making 3-6 15 min. drives back and forth to Camas. So, I am spending a bunch of time in the car again. Thank goodness we only have 4 weeks left of school.

So, that gets you pretty much up to date with our family. But, before I leave I thought I would remind you that Toni's 10th birthday is on the 21st of this month. And I thought I would tell you a funny Zeke story. Here goes:

The other day Zeke had fallen asleep in the late afternoon. He woke up and came into the kitchen where I was making dinner and said: "Mom, what smells so good?" I said, "Dinner, Zeke." Then he replied, "No really, Mom." By this story, you can tell how Zeke feels about my dinners.

I have a couple funny Zeke stories but I will save them for later. I have to go....I have to go tend to Toni. She is sick tonight and I have already had to clean up vomit once tonight while I was writing this new post. Aaahhh, the life of a mother!

4 comments:

Keary said...

You could write a post daily with a Zeke story and never run out. Enough of Toni sick stories. Love to spend time with you and family.
All my love Dad

Anonymous said...

so, so glad you are blogging. i love reading about your life...which actually is kind of funny since we talk on the phone everyday... almost...and sometimes even 3 times per day:) I think i just like ya!!

Ciria said...

We do love Eco! I am glad to hear you all (with the exception of Toni) are doing well. Hope Toni gets better soon.

Anonymous said...

Kristy I always skip over your blog because you never blog. But tonight I thought I could just click on it and see if you did anything. And you did! I was so happy! Thanks for the update!