It always makes me smile when I go into mom's house and see all her little reminder notes or motivational sayings posted on the walls, mirrors, refrigerator, cabinets, doors and etc. I actually like reading them and seeing which new ones she has added. Although I had to finally ask her after approx. a year why exactly she needed emu oil?? I don't remember her answer.Anyway, my point is, as I get older I find myself seeing mom in me in different ways. For example, whenever I look at my hands I see mom's hands; or when I call boys that don't belong to me "son", I think of mom. Or when I stay up later than I should watching TV or some movie I feel like mom; or when I can be chewing out my kids when the phone rings and I answer pleasantly like nothing is going on all the while continuing to give my kids chastising looks and snapping my fingers at them, I giggle to myself and remember mom.
Well, I have found that lately, I am posting more notes to myself like she does. The one I posted tonight was this thought I had...
"Kids - listen to them, get to know them, make time for them, be there for them, remember them, love them. It's not just about the job of being THE mother; it's about being THEIR mother."
So not only am I becoming my mother in so many different ways, I want to become more like her in this one particular way...I want to have a great relationship with each of my kids and be their for them the way she was there for us.
..... Love You, Mom!
7 comments:
i think that we all feel like mom sometimes. but the best way to have a great relationship with all your kids is to promise them your wedding ring.
Alex be nice to Mom. And I notice all the time that I am like mom. Guess it just happens. It is not a bad thing though. And by the she is MY MOM
The best way to like mom is to be the kindest and most thoughtful person you can be. Always worry about the GOOD impression you can be to others.
Love Dad
thanks for the sweet reminder kristy. Being more engaged in my kids lives is definitely a quality I need to improve on...it is one of Mom's strengths. love ya.
ps. now i'm curious about the emu oil...gotta call mom.
Thank you Kristy you are a sweetheart...I am very proud of you and the efforts you make in your daily life...I always tell people that I need to catch up to my kids as they are so aware and awesome people... Leaps and bounds emotionally and spiritually than I ever was at their age. Love ya....
p.s. the emu oil is suppose to cure my cough! Never ordered it!:)
p.s.2 ...And the ring goes to?????:)
You guys all crack me up! Your mom always reminded me of my mom, totally hands on, but not too hands on that they become sticky!!
The other day I was walking past a storefront glass window and noticed my reflection - I thought it was my mom! Actually, I WISHED it was my mom.
I really enjoyed the malaga family comment. Sometime I wish I was my mom too!
Post a Comment