Sunday, November 04, 2007

May 11, 2007 A day that will NOT last forever!

OK, all of you smarties out there...Cathy and Calixta...I thought about only doing a new post every May 11 just to bug you! But I have taken mercy on all of those who still occasionally check my blog to see if maybe I might have done a new post. Now the new date that you will see for the next 6 months is November 4, 2007!

Seriously, I didn't think I would ever remember my password to get back on!


Anyway, this post is really about Halloween. We had a great time this year. We had perfect weather and the kids trick-or-treated their hearts outs to the tune of almost 8 lbs. of candy! I let them go crazy on it for one day then I took it away!! I am releasing it a couple of pieces at at time. I am such a mean mom...at least that is what I have been told. One of the things that made this year so fun was Zac's costume. He let me talk him into dressing up as a nerd! He looked GREAT! Toni wanted to be something other than a witch again this year...but she had some crazy idea about running around with an air rifle! When I gave her a solid "NO!" on this idea, she called Dan and cried, saying "Mom won't let me creative!" (Imagine this with some great drama sobs attached to it) Zeke decided 45 minutes before we left that he no longer wanted to be a Jedi Knight but rather a pirate! As you can see by the pictures, I also won this battle. Did I mention, I am a mean mom? Speaking of moms, MY Mom came over to my house with Aden & Jocelyn and hung out there trick or treating with us for a while. Jocelyn was mad at Toni because she couldn't keep up with her while Aden was busy telling all the candy givers how disappointed he was with their candy selection. But all in all it was a fun night and we were soooooo grateful for the dry, windless Halloween night!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sigh!!!! Thank goodness you posted! Happy Halloween to you too! Love the post! And the pics. Love ya.

Anonymous said...

You don't even understand how happy I was to see that you blogged. I wish you could have seen me. Jessica is here and I was so Happy I was really and laughing out loud and she said... "Who are you talking to?" And I said I was just so excited to read your blog... I think all the kids costumes were WONDERFUL! Zachary's is funny. And I think it is funny that Aden told the people about there candy selection. Oh and PS... IT is MY MOM. Love you and so happy you blogged!!!

Anonymous said...

I meant I was reading and laughing at the same time.

Keary said...

Do you think I will ever get used to your plethora, overabundance, excessive amount of posts? I am truly grateful to hear from you and since I didn't get to see the ghouls and nerds and whatever else, I truly appreciate the pictures (they're great!).
Love Dad

Anonymous said...

I just got hit by a flying pig

-Nate