Monday, March 13, 2006

Shave and a Hair Cut

Okay, okay I resisted doing this for a long time but I have given in. I can not promise it will be funny and amusing like Alex's or that it will be creative like Cathy's or that it will be kept up like Dad's but, I will give it my best shot.

So, I am home for the 4th day with all 3 of my kids sick with the flu. Fevers, sick tummies, coughing, body aches, vomiting, loads of wash, dispensing medicine and lots of cuddling and watching copious amounts of Sponge Bob Square Pants has been my agenda for the past several days with no end in sight. I have not slept for 3 nights, when I do finally drift off to sleep I hear in my head "Who lives in a pineapple under the sea? SPONGE BOB SQUARE PANTS!...." and I am in the middle of trying to paint the house. Just another day in the life of Kristy.



Anyway, I thought I would share the latest funny story about our little wild red head, a.k.a. Zeke with you. Last Sunday, after returning from yet another fulfilling day at church, as we always do, we sent out kids to change out of their church clothes while Dan takes care of the dogs (yes, we have 2) and I went to start dinner. Usually after about 5 minutes we expect to hear some arguing coming from our kids but today we heard something very different. We heard Zac and Toni laughing hysterically saying "Mom, come look what Zeke did!" Ok, this is never a good sign. Dan and I took quick bets as to what we were going to find and headed down the stairs. We surveyed the situation and quickly realized what they were laughing at. Zeke had found Dan's beard trimmer and shaved 2 runway strips down the middle of his head! Trying our hardest to hold back our laughter, we asked him why he had done this. He replied simply, "I want to be bald like my dad." I tried several different methods of cutting his hair in hopes of keeping him from looking like he just went through a round of chemo-therapy. But, in the end, holding back my tears, I shaved his head completely bald. Zeke took one look into the mirror and smiled. He said "Now I am bald like my Dad! When I get bigger I am going to jump out of an airplane with him!" AIRBORNE, ZEKE! You truly are our wild red head! I have no doubt in my mind that one day you will be jumping out of an airplane!


Who would doubt what this kid is going to do?

4 comments:

alex said...

i'm the first to comment and i'm privileged. Zeke looks pretty good.

Kiki said...

We're so glad that you are doing a blog now... I think that Alex was so excited that when he found out he wet himself. And he keeps qouting you "not as funny as Alex" I think that I have already heard it about fifty times. Sometimes it's good to idolize your dad...just be glad that it wasn't Toni who took the initiative to get daddys haircut

Keary said...

I am always so happy to read about my childrens lives in a small way. It seems as if you are the next to the last to start blogging. You were next to first to be born. One day you will win or loose! LOL

Zeke has always loved his dad so much and it is little wonder as Dan was the one with the help of the priesthood to bring him back to life so fully.

BTW: You could have left a little on the sides so he would look like friar Tuck or me. JK

Love Dad

Anonymous said...

Welcome! Funny story, Zeke is a hottie!