Saturday, August 27, 2016

Zac's Letter from Reception - August 13 & 14

8-13-16

Morale is a lot higher now that everyone got a call home. Everyone is in a good mood now. It was awesome of the SG (sergeant) to let us call for a half hour but some dumbasses thought it'd be cool to try & sneak their personal bags into the barracks, others thought it would be cool to steal some phones. I think the saying is "Take an inch, still another privates phone".

This morning was a 0300 wake up with a 1 mile run and one pull up. Most people did the pull up, some couldn't even pull up an inch. I guess the DS's will PT them extensively. I think the privates that couldn't do the pull-ups are struggling mentally. Almost everyone passed the 8:30 (time for the mile run)  I got a 7:57. Good start time I think.

Some privates were maxed out at like 12 minutes, walking the last lap, sucking wind.

None of the staff at work today so the DS stuck us in the auditorium and we had briefings from some outside people. Then they turned on Major Payne and we watched that. I forgot how funny that movie is.

Each day with these dips**ts is quickly eroding my patience. They just won't stop talking. They wouldn't stop during question time so I missed a lot of good info. I don't understand this mentality that their in; they think that because this isn't our actual basic that they don't have to listen. Regardless of the fact that we aren't at actual BCT, these soldiers still out rank everyone of us. I think they deserve obedience. Plus I mean it's common courtesy. These a**holes like to call privates who actually care "Drill privates".  (Example) "Guys let's form up and be quiet." "Ha-ha , whatever drill private."  I can't stand these a**holes.  I guess it's not cool to be disciplined.

Oh well keeping my head down and pressing on.

The ambulance pulled up today cuz a guy tried to kill himself. Not much else about it.  Another kid is just flat out trying to quit. Best part is that he has a tattoo on his right fore arm that says "Pray for my enemies".  I guess he is content on being a loser who quits basic.
I feel like I sound bitter but the lack of common courtesy and wimping out is bad.   No one seems to realize that we are all in this together. Apparently the Puerto Rican recruit and a group of black recruits already have a beef; they almost got in a fight today.  People had to pull them out of each other's faces. All this testosterone is making this a giant p*ssing contest. People are throwing their rank around. Aren't even a soldier and saying crap like "You can't tell me what to do private, I am a Private First Class." Or "I am a PFC or a  SPC you should do what I say".

I have a pretty gnarly hotspot/blister coming in on my foot, still walking/running through it.

8-14-16

3 kids trying to or claimed they wanted to kill themselves last night. One kid drink bleach. One kid had enough and wanted a medical discharge so he hit his arm on the lockers and broke it in half.

I was going to go to church for that picture you wanted but people took too long to eat so I missed it,  sorry, I'll try again next week.

I think I'm down another few pounds. Each night we all do a couple rounds of light PT to help keep us ready.

There's nothing to do today so I'll probably sleep all day, do PT, and study.

I got reserve to ship on Friday so things are still on track. Graduation should be still around November 25. Rumor from Sandhill is that they cut red phase down to a week and two weeks because they have so many soldiers. Guess we will find out.

Love & miss y'all
-Zac

No comments: