Wednesday, February 03, 2010

A day in the Life of a Reserve Flight Attendant

So the company I work for decided to put together a video that they felt accurately depicted "A Day in the Life of a Reserve Flight Attendant". Although it does a great job in softening the true hardships of the job.....it's a flowery view of the job....the most important thing about this video is that I am in it! HA HA. I did show it to my family and they kind of got to see the place that I work in and they thought it was neat. They also thought it was fun to see mom on camera. To watch it go to this link: http://www.vimeo.com/9024464 . Password is airtran (all lower case). See if you can spot me!

I am currently on a 3 day trip. Today is the last day. I arrived in Dayton, Ohio yesterday around noon and don't have to report until 5:45 am this morning. A 17 hour 23 minute layover here is no fun. I watched X-Men while I walked on the treadmill for 2 hours, ate dinner, watched 3 episodes of Law and Order, took a shower and was asleep around 8 pm. You can never sleep when you have an early show because you are paranoid that you will over sleep, so I have been awake since 2:00 this morning hoping that if I just kept my eyes shut that I could go back to sleep until my alarm goes off at 3:30.

No such luck...... So I got up and ate 2 kiwi fruits and then read about them. Did you know that a kiwi fruit has double the Vitamin C than an orange and more potassium than a banana? Food for thought.

Well both my alarms have gone off now so I should probably go get ready for the day. This will my day: 0630 depart Dayton, OH. 0758 arrive in Baltimore. 0850 depart Baltimore. 1115 arrive in Tampa, Fl. Sit in the airport in Tampa for 3 hours and 5 minutes. 1420 (2:20pm) depart Tampa. 1557 (3:57pm) arrive in Atlanta. Day ends at 1612 (4:12 pm). That is if everything goes smooth. Now you have a peek into a real Day in the Life a reserve flight attendant!

2 comments:

Ciria said...

Loved your video debut! You are amazing I could never do that! Also I really should teach you how to knit you could get a ton done!

Anonymous said...

Kristy Proos you are so cute! I love watching you work! Your so cute! I can't wait til you have a schedule as well! I love and mis you!