Sunday, December 02, 2007

I found me a new man!

Calixta's last post reminded me of this.
As many of you might know, about 3 years ago Dan was asked to give a talk in sacrament meeting. During that talk he told how we met; this was his account: "Kristy picked me out of the gutter, brushed me off and married me". Delightful, right?! I told him NEVER to do that again because it made me sound like a street walker standing on the corner when I just happened to stumble upon this drunk and said to myself "looky here, I found me a man. Yup, he has all his teeth, I'm takin' him home and showin' him to mama!" It has now become a joke between us, well us and the rest of the ward that heard his talk. Fast forward to last month....

Just before Thanksgiving I had the opportunity to work at the share house where me and other women in the ward cooked and served lunch to the homeless. That morning, as I got dresses as usual (jeans and a t-shirt), Dan said, "you look beautiful this morning. going anywhere in particular?" Thinking quickly I said, "yup, I goin' to find me a new man". I then told him where I was going and we both had a good laugh.
As I was serving the rice and gravy I had a couple men say things to me like, you have a nice smile and etc. But towards the very end of the line there was this man who kept staring at me and when he got up to the food line he leaned across the counter, winking at me, said "boy you are a sight for sore eyes! You sure are beautiful" then he proceeded to stare at me for the next 20 minutes. I was quite uncomfortable and the other women I was there with were laughing at me.
As I was driving home, I called Dan and he asked me right off the bat, "How did it go". I replied, "Well I found me a new man!"

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't know why that reminded you of my post. But I love the story. I am glad you can find a homeless man..

Diana said...

Heee,heeee,LOL, LoL...what can you say!

Anonymous said...

well...you are beautiful...i mean who wouldn't stare. sheeesh, one needs to appreciate beauty when one sees it. lol. love ya.

Ciria said...

Kristy really I think you can do much better. If you are going to look for a new man at least look under bridges!

Keary said...

Caution Kristy! Look what your mother found when trying again!

alex said...

congratulations, did he have all his teeth?